You can copy & Paste data from an Excel workbook, or import data from a table on a web page, or any other source from which we can copy and paste into Excel. In the following steps, you add the data from a table.
- Insert a new Excel worksheet, and give it the name desired any meaningful name that describes the data.
- Select and copy the data, including the table headers.
- In Excel, place your cursor in cell A1 of the above created worksheet and paste the data.
- Format the data as a table. You press Ctrl + T to format the data as a table, or from HOME > Format as Table. Since the data has headers, select My table has headers in the Create Table window that appears.
- Name the table. In TABLE TOOLS > DESIGN > Properties locate the Table Name field, and type desired name.
- Format your data using Excel std. formatting tool.
- Save the workbook.This file have couple of sheets having data related to Olympics which I have compiled from MS Office support site.
- You can find the link on the Menu of my blogsite too to access the shared files.
- I have create a sample Excel File for you which you can down load from the Shared Path using link: http://1drv.ms/1GpZFd4
I will be using this file for couple of walkthrough in my upcoming posts.