Today we will see how we can add our Wizard Page to Assisted Setup.
Continuing from previous post this is the second part as both are inter related.
If you have not gone through earlier post see here how to create Wizard Page for Business Central. Creating a Wizard Page in AL for Business Central
Let’s have some overview why we need assisted setup:
What is Assisted Setup?
- List of setup scenarios, presented in list form.
- Uses Wizard Page with relevant options.
- Display Status of activity, completed or incomplete.
- Predefined set of setup scenarios. Like E-Mail Setup, Cash Flow Forecast, Approval Workflows, Connection to other entities like CRM connection etc.
- Possible to add new custom setup scenarios.
Today we will see how we can add our Wizard Page for Company Information Setup into this List, and how the Status is updated in this list.
So further not going into theory let’s jump to practical Approach.
To add a New Assisted Setup:
- 2 tables are involved Assisted Setup & Aggregated Assisted Setup.
- Need to Subscribe to Event OnRegisteredAssistedSetup and call AddExtensionAssistedSetup.
- Wizard should update the status in the Assisted Setup table.
- Subscribe to Event OnUpdateAssistedSetupStatus to store the updated status.
- Alternatively can determine actual status based on data.
Create New Codeunit on available ID and unique name.
Code will be similar to below:
Save the file and publish your Extension.
Now you should be able to locate your Wizard as entry ‘Setup Company Information’
Click to Run your Company Information Setup Wizard.
Complete your Setup by entering information and Click Finish.
If you have completed all the step and provided information, your Status should show Completed.
You may need to re-open the Assisted Setup page.
It was just to give you an idea how we can get this done.
You will require to perform other some more steps to get it functioning smooth.
Sometime later will come up with more details.
Explore the existing Setups and can get more insight on the same.
I have given you the start explore learn and reach to conclusion.
See you again with some other topic in my upcoming post. Till then keep exploring and keep learning.