In rare cases, the Power Pivot ribbon will disappear from the menu if Excel determines that the add-in is destabilizing to Excel. This might occur if Excel closes unexpectedly while the Power Pivot window is open. To restore the Power Pivot menu, do the following:
- Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
In the Manage box, click Disabled Items > Go
- Select Microsoft Office Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel 2013 and then click Enable.
If the previous steps do not restore the Power Pivot ribbon, or if the ribbon disappears when you close and reopen Excel, try the following:
- Close Excel.
- Point to Start > Run and then type regedit.
- In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0 > User Settings.
- Right-click PowerPivotExcelAddin and then click Delete.
- Scroll back up to the top of Registry Editor.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > Excel > Addins.
- Right-click PowerPivotExcelClientAddIn.NativeEntry.1 and then click Delete.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Open Excel.
- Enable the add-in using the steps at the top of this article.
2 thoughts on “Troubleshooting: Power Pivot Ribbon Disappears”
Comments are closed.