When developing pages for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Tablet client that include a repeater control, it is useful to be able to define whether the actions available on a page apply to the whole page or are related to the repeater control on the page. The purpose of the Scope property is to enable application developers to add row-specific actions to the shortcut menu which is available to the user on each line. This gives users a more direct way to invoke actions that relate to the selected row/line.
This is the case when you have, for example, Line Comments which are related to a line, but appear in the ribbon. You can specify the scope of action by setting the Scope property on the page action to be either Page or Repeater.
Specifies the scope of the action to be either page-specific, or specific to a repeater control. The Scope property has two options; Page and Repeater.
The Scope property is only used on pages that include a repeater control and it offers a way to determine the scope of an action to be the page or to be specific to the repeater control. The default behaviour of the Scope property is Page.
Let’s see how to do the same:
- Open a Page which have repeaters for example I am using Page 42 Sales Order.
- Select View Page Action.
- Select the Action for which you wish to change the Scope Property, for example I have selected the Statistics for demo purpose.
The Scope property has the following effect:
- On a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client, the Scope property has no effect. All actions are shown in the ribbon.
- On a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client, if the Scope property is set to Page, the action will be shown in the ribbon. If the Scope property is set to Repeater the action will be shown in both the repeater control and in the ribbon.
- On a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Tablet client, if the Scope property is set to Page the action will be shown in the page action menu. If the Scope property is set to Repeater, the action is moved from the page action menu to the repeater control shortcut menu.